August Workshop Information
August Workshop Handouts
- Keynote Address (Word)
- Web 2.0 (PDF)
- Quest Atlantis (PowerPoint)
- Booktalk Handouts
- Hope Mills
Microsoft Settlement Information
The linked PDF documents were sent directly to the finance officers with eligible schools from the Settlement Administrator (the Poorman-Douglas Corporation out of Washington State).For assistance with the Microsoft Settlement, you may contact Camp Price or Suzanne Griffin through the NC Microsoft Settlement web page. (http://www.signalintechconsulting.com/ncms)
The Excel document has three tabs in the workbook.
- LEA summary of total voucher amounts,
- Charter School summary of total voucher amounts, and
- List of eligible schools by LEA and the charter schools for the vouchers to be redeemed on their behalf.
The Division of Instructional Technology staff will be working with the technology directors to incorporate these vouchers into the LEA technology plans. Finance officers should work closely with Technology Directors to ensure appropriate use of vouchers for the eligible schools to enhance and upgrade technology at those schools.
- Voucher Redemption Instructions (PDF)
- General Purpose Voucher Claim Form (PDF)
- Microsoft Announcement (PDF)
- Updated Settlement Information by LEA & Charter Schools(Excel)
- EETT (PRC 107) 2007-2008 Planning Allotment
- EETT Formula Application 2007-2008
- EETT Budget Spreadsheet 2007 - 2008
- Budget Amendment Justification
The Annual Media Technology Report Closed
The 2007 AMTR website was opened for data entry on April 4, 2007 and was closed at 7:30 AM on June 29, 2007. For additional information or assistance, contact Melanie Honeycutt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 919 606-7423.
The listserves are buzzing with excitement and challenges of Web 2.0. Keeping the balance between access and security fuels the debate.To aide districts in the safe, secure, and appropriate deployment of Web 2.0, Frances Bradburn and David Warlick teamed up at the 2007 NCaect conference. Read about their presentation in the Director's Blog.
eSchool News provides an explanation and describes opportunities to participate in the NETS-Students refresh. The standards are being refreshed to address 21st Century uses of technology. The article also includes a link to the draft standards.
Standards for Technology in New Construction UPDATE
Several months ago, the State Board of Education charged Peter Asmar, CIO and Associate State Superintendent, with developing standards for technology in new construction. Mr. Asmar formed a task force comprised of representatives of state agencies and LEAs, with districts taking the lead in the production of the document to help insure that it will be both helpful and useful for districts as they build new schools or embark on renovation projects.
Using the input from districts, standards were approved at the November 2006 State Board of Education meeting.
State Board of Education Revises Mission and Goals
The guiding mission of the North Carolina State Board of Education is that every public school student will graduate from high school, globally competitive for work and post secondary education and prepared for life in the 21st Century.
- Goal: NC public schools will produce globally competitive students.
- Goal: NC public schools will be led by 21st Century professionals.
- Goal: NC public school students will be healthy and responsible.
- Goal: Leadership will guide innovation in NC public schools.
- Goal: NC public schools will be governed and supported by 21st Century systems.
State Superintendent Dr. June Atkinson provides more explanation about the change to the Mission and Goals in the August 10, 2006 Message to Teachers.
e-NC Authority Announces the BETA Feasibility Study
The e-NC Authority is pleased to announce the Beta Feasibility Study is now complete and ready for release to the General Assembly. Comments you have made regarding the importance of information technology in our North Carolina's educational system are quoted in this report. Please review the attached report and reply with any questions or comments you may have to Donna Sullivan, Senior Associate, Programs & Outreach, e-NC Authority. Thank you for your contribution to this study and to North Carolina's future.